Jesse who said he was supervisor refused to honor special offer for a free pan. I met purchase requirements per their website and now he says it was error on website and they have a disclaimer.

He was not polite and was unsympathetic. I will not be a returning customer and have been a good customer for many years. His classic response was he understood my frustration. This man should not be in customer service much less a supervisor.

So if you choose to purchase anything online you need to call first and ask for Jesse so he can read you disclaimer. I am done with them.

Review about: Williams Sonoma Manager.

Comments

I have the same issue with "Jesse". I have several orders which are grossly delayed in shipping - one of the orders is a simple can opener, which WS hasn't been able to fulfill since November and I'm being told the earliest to expect it would be April 15th...five months for a can opener!

In addition to that order, we have several other orders which are over 1.5 months late due to back orders.The CSR could offer me a gift certificate refund or a store could fill the order if I cancelled the online order and had the store fill it - not sure why they couldn't just honor the order which I had in place and fill it seamlessly for me. Regardless, it doesn't really address the backlog issue at the corporate level (how come their stores have the product, but the internet service can't get it??). I didn't want another gift card from them, so the CSR kicked me over to her supervisor.He started off the call with "I'm Jesse and part of the WS leadership, what do you need?" Immediately, I was put off. Needless to say, the call was unproductive.

He simply didn't care and was uninterested in really resolving the situation. He wouldn't even acknowledge that 5 months was an unreasonable amount of time to be waiting for something as simple as a can opener! If this is the same Jesse, he really shouldn't be in customer service.I agree with the OP, it feels like the organization is just going through the motions and reading from a script.

I find the stores have pretty good customer service, but the web-based ordering experience has been a nightmare for me. I won't buy from WS any further either - too many other superior options like Sur La Table or even Amazon.

I contacted Katie on the Social Media Lead Team as she indicated in her response here. Sent email with all the information and what happened.

Got an email from Latricia and she asked for a copy of my receipt even though if she had read and scrolled down the email she would have seen it. I sent ALL info so she didn't need any further info. but I again gave her what she requested. NO RESPONSE from her or anyone else when I replied to her request.

They just post replies to customer complaints so people might think they are going to be helpful and do something. Forget it.

I'm done with them. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

Williams-SonomaSocialTeam
Williams Sonoma Verified Representative

Hello,

My name is Katie from the Williams-Sonoma Social Media Team and I am very sorry for the way your call was handled. I would be happy to check on the special offer for the pan and if you send more information to me at support@williams-sonoma.com I'll be in touch with you shortly.

Sincerely,