I have a short story of how Williams-Sonoma treated me on an online order. I placed the order online on December 6, 2016 and received an e-mail confirmation.

Although I should have researched the reviews of the product prior to ordering, I failed to do so and that part is on me. Within an hour and a half of the order confirmation I called Williams-Sonoma to cancel the order. I was advised that it would not be a problem even after I questioned the possibility of it not being cancelled. I was assured no problem with the cancellation and an e-mail would be sent verifying it.

After several hours past I e-mailed customer service to verify the order was cancelled. To my shock shortly thereafter I received an e-mail stating my order could not be cancelled due to it being in the shipping process. Plus it stated the costs I will be charged to return the item. I called again and was advised that the warehouse was overwhelmed and not accepting cancellation requests from customer service.

I also learned that I was clearly within the time limitations set for cancelling orders and if I placed the order weeks prior “less Busy” it would not be an issue cancelling the order. It was not until I advised I would not accept the package and charge back my credit card did they offer to pay the return shipping charges. The Customer Service personnel I spoke with were very pleasant and concerned. On the other hand the responses to my e-mail inquiries were curt and lacking concern.

I will say that I appreciate the return shipping offer given even though it requires more work for me and additional cost to Williams-Sonoma that were not necessary. Now here is the rub and the reason for this writing.

The order was placed the morning of December 6, 2016 and did not leave the warehouse until 1859 hours on December 8, 2016. There’s plenty of time to have cancelled the order prior to shipping.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy at Williams Sonoma. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Williams Sonoma to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Williams Sonoma and williams sonoma customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Now they don't even allow cancellations at all. However, you may REFUSE DELIVERY!

For US Mail, print DELIVERY REFUSED on any *unopened* 1st Class or Express or Priority item, then give it to your mail carrier or take it to your local post office. For UPS, take it to any UPS store. I've never returned anything via FedEx, but I suspect your options are similar.

As long as the package is unopened, it can be refused. The unopened package will be returned to the sender at no cost to you.