I purchased a gift for a couple with a Williams-Sonoma wedding registry. They live in Minneapolis.

I live in Chicago. I am not going to their wedding. The purchase was sent to me. I called Williams-Sonoma's "customer service" line 6 different times of day in 3 days to get this corrected.

Each time I got a message that they had extraordinary number of people on the line. I waited and waited and waited. To no avail. A recorded message said to go to their website and file my concern via email.

I did that. They promised response in 48 hours. It has now been 10 days. Nothing.

Finally I called at 7 am and actually reached a very nice human being who said he would send me labels to resend the gift (two large, heavy boxes) via UPS. I just had to get it to a UPS office. I explained I am 71 years old and that isn't going to happen. I requested a supervisor.

The nice man said no one was available , but that someone would call me within 12 hours. Guess what? Nothing. Today I am going to find a way to get those boxes back to a local Williams-Sonoma store and return them.

I will buy another gift for the couple from another store.

And I will never - NEVER - shop at W-S again. And I am a foodie who cooks and has had a food blog.

Review about: Williams Sonoma Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Lack of care about resolving the issue they caused.

Comments