I bought a rater expensive domed cake plate/punch bowl from Williams Sonoma as a gift for my sister in law. The dome could be placed in the plate to allow it to be used as a punch bowl.

It does not work without the plate. My order came with the dome, but not the plate. I called customer service about the missing half of my order. They sent another dome.

I called them AGAIN. They gave me instructions about how to send the dome back and assured me they would send out the plate. I carefully boxed up the second dome, mailed it back, but they never contacted me with a tracking number for the plate. I inquired about my tracking number, and was told, "Regrettably, I found that this item is no longer available through our Catalog/Internet division." with no offer of refund.

I had to call AGAIN to point out that failure to deliver a purchased product, does in fact, require that you refund the money paid for the product. Now, after a month and a half of trying to get this problem solved, it's the week before Christmas.

I have no present for my sister in law and I don't yet have the money returned to me because of course, that takes a week or two as well. And frankly, after all these repeated failures, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't manage to refund my money as well.

I didn't like: Customer service, Online shopping, Delivery.

Comments