Cambria, California

Update by user Oct 03, 2015

After six calls to "Customer Service" and a timely return of the unopened, factory-sealed, box, Williams Sonoma finally refunded my purchase price. This whole purchase and process, from beginning to end, has been unacceptable.

A company that wants a reputation for quality can do better than this.

Disappointing, but at least they made good. I give them credit for that.

Original review posted by user Sep 10, 2015

I recently ordered a Breville Grinder/Brewer appliance online on Labor Day. The web page announced a huge Labor Day 20% Off Sale on all items good for 3 days only--the Labor Day Weekend 2015.

I did not see the 20% credited to the price on the order confirmation page when I placed the order. I called Customer Service and they first said that the credit would be issued when the order was processed on the first working day after the holiday. That was not true! I called a second time and this time I was told that Breville products were not eligible for the promotional discount.

The agent, nevertheless, offered to grant the 20% discount and said the credit would be applied to my AMEX card. It did not appear. On the third call to Customer Service, I spoke with an agent who offered to apply the credit immediately and assured me it would show up as we were speaking. It never showed up.

I have filed a dispute with AMEX for the $59.99 credit and if it does not appear before the item is delivered, I will return it for a full credit. I expect that I will get a message from Williams Sonoma that it is not eligible for return, so I will be expecting a long session with AMEX to protect my credit card from this company's misleading practices.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: False ad promotion, Customer service, Online shopping policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 10, 2015.

Comments