Wife bought a light fixtures from WS. Was told by the agent via phone that product could be returned so we decided to purchase it.

When item was received, it didn't fit our new house so we attempted to return it. Sales agent told us it was a final sale item so was not able to return but we told her what was relayed to us and she was gracious enough to allow us to return the item and WS will refund us the payment. It has been three months since we returned it and did not receive a credit. Called WS today and they said the reason is that they send store credit to our house already.

Two issues here, first we already moved to our new house so never received it, second we did not expect to get store credit. This not only came from the agent herself but also the e-mail confirmation i received. Pls see photo. Told the agent and her supervisor and they refused to offer us our cash back but store credit.

They were adamant that was final sale but we told her our issue but she did not relent said it was company policy and that we should read WS return policy. She said the e-mail was an automatic response for all returns. Felt offended and very disappointed. If i had known that I was not getting payment instead of credit, I would not have returned it.

I question WS professionalism and their employees. When their personnel make mistakes, they don't take responsibility of their action, instead seem to be putting the blame on me for not reading their policy properly.

I am considering complaining to my state consumer protection agency. Will not be buying from WS again.

Review about: Lights.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Williams-SonomaSocialTeam
Williams Sonoma Verified Representative

Hello,I am sorry to hear of your experience and have sent you a private message with my contact information. I look forward to hearing from you and helping to get this sorted out.Thanks,WilliamWilliams-Sonoma Social Media Team