Shaunt H Ygh

Poor Customer Service & Execution for a simple return

Buyer Beware!!!

I returned a product in late December 2023 that was received by William Sonoma's warehouse on January 2, 2024, which was confirmed by the customer service rep when I called them on February 13, 2024. I had yet to receive my refund to my credit card which was why I called them.

I was informed that there was an internal error within William Sonoma and that was the reason why I had yet to receive a refund. The customer service rep was able to override the return and process my refund. Since it was approximately 42 days that William Sonoma was holding onto my money I asked for some sort of compensation for their error.

The customer service rep agreed to escalate the issue to ask for a 10% credit for the inconvenience and her superior explained that there was nothing they can do because I had previously received a 10% discount for a prior issue I had on the same product.

I would just use Amazon to make any purchases of any products William Sonoma offers to avoid the potential poor customer service. I will certainly NEVER buy from William Sonoma ever again!

Buyer Beware!!!

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Guest

You don’t have a loss if they refunded you.

Bonnie M Vil

No help

I ordered this wreath. It took longer than normal to get here. There is not a shred of paperwork inside the box. When I changed phone carriers, all my emails were lost, and the customer service representative was not interested in helping me.
Connie A Irs

Transferred me to activate card

Called customer service to change e- mail.. they couldnt do it. WHY? Transferred me to a number that having trouble and it wanted to activate card. Not what wanted to do.

Preferred solution: Change e-mail.

map-marker Corona Del Mar, California

Awful website and logging in

just horrible experience on the website. so not user friendly and definitely not Profesional friendly

User's recommendation: find other online vendor with normal sign in for professionals

Peniel Pwn

| map-marker Raleigh, North Carolina

I guess customer service is truly dead. I went to Williams Sonoma today and found placemats I liked. They only had one one the store, but another store, further away had them. I asked if they would have them sent to the store closest to me, as the have done in the past. The answer was, no. I could go to the other store or the could they order some, which I can do myself. Why bother with the stores.

User's recommendation: Stay home and order yourself

map-marker Portland, Oregon

Williams-Sonoma sent me a defective item

I've been a loyal customer of Williams-Sonoma for years, and now they send me a defective item and I can't return it or even get credit? Their customer service ignores my messages and emails. I'm going to stop using their credit card and never shop at Williams-Sonoma again. Something tells me they won't be around much longer anyway.

User's recommendation: Go to Best Buy instead

Brendan C Vdq

Verified Buyer

(Lost $400 in a Return) Worst Customer Service

Williams Sonoma - (Lost $400 in a Return) Worst Customer Service
Updated by user Jan 12, 2023

I've been told I will get no refund for the item I returned. Make sense, right???

Original review Jan 12, 2023
Long story short, I would never recommend anyone who's getting married ask for anything from this company, nor would I ever purchase an item from this store again. We received this item as a gift for our wedding registry.

We received duplicates and tried to return this item and Williams Sonoma provided the worst customer service experience I've encountered. They 1st told me that they never received the return, then once they realized they did, they refunded the money to the wrong person, even after I confirmed my personal info with them.

I days on the phone with them over the course of months, and it only took them 3 months to realize that they screwed up. If being misled is your thing, this is the store for you.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cool items
Cons:
  • Customer service and return policy
  • Customer service
  • Customer service and pricing policies

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never do a registry through this store

Guest

Thanks! I'll avoid doing my registry through them

Resolved
Detrice Fvn
map-marker Queens, New York

Resolved: Ruining holidays one event at a time

Updated by user Nov 26, 2022

Items arrived on time.

Original review Nov 14, 2022
I don't even know where to begin.
I wanted to have an easy Thanksgiving with doing only minimal preparation. I saw that Williams-Sonoma had a whole Thanksgiving prepared food section, and decided to give it a try.
I ordered a Willie Bird pre-brined turkey which arrived to me quickly and without issue.

However, the side dishes I ordered have been a different story.
ISSUE 1: I looked at the estimated delivery dates of all items and did not purchase anything with an estimated delivery date past 11/17. In checking up on my order, I see that three items that had an estimated delivery date of 11/17 now had a date of 12/1. This is obviously well past THanksgiving. I called to ensure that this date was correct.

The Rep verified this and so I had to cancel those three items. Not a huge deal. Gravy and cranberry sauce are quick to make and I could make the stuffing the day prior. So long as all other items just need to be heated, could still be minimal work for my Thanksgiving.
ISSUE 2: I was now more paranoid and check up routinely on other items.

The next couple of items had an estimated delivery date of 11/14. Well, today is 11/14 and the status still had not changed from "Preparing to ship," so I called again and asked for an update. Was told by Rep #1 that item was now expected to be shipped on 11/20 and that it MAY be to me on 11/24. Well, 11/24 is THanksgiving Day.

Nothing is being delivered to me on that day, and even if it were, how is it going to help me? I asked to cancel and was told that there was nothing they could do. I asked for it to be escalated and my call was disconnected while escalating. I called back and was on the phone for over an hour with Rep #2 while she tried to escalate, but came back with the same answer.

She also reiterated what someone from escalation team told her, that there is an agreement at checkout that items cannot be cancelled once order is placed. I told her that was not true, that what it says is that items cannot be RETURNED, that is different from cancelling an order especially when it is not actually even close to being shipped. What's more, I very well did cancel other sides a few days prior without issue, so that is not true. I asked her what I was supposed to do when if I get these items just prior to Thanksgiving when I have already went out and brought all the ingredients to prepare myself, or if they come after Thanksgiving?

I am having to spend double on my holiday and won't get a cent of my money back.

She could only apologize.
So, not only is Williams-Sonoma causing me more headache for my holiday than I intended, but they also stole my money and are falsely advertising holiday delivery when they cannot guarantee, regardless of how early you place your order.
I have never experienced this kind of horrible service with a company that is supposed to cater to high-paying customers. I will never spend a dime on this company again and I encourage everyone to avoid using their prepared food services especially if you value reliability and not having to spend double without recourse to ensure you can actually have a holiday.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THEIR PREPARED FOOD SERVICES!

Guest

Similar story!!!! Placed thanksgiving dinner order in October so it would be hassle free.

No such luck! They had to replace my turkey - they had no idea why! And the shipping date for the new one was Friday after thanksgiving -what. One hour phone call to fix that, then on to sides which were sent one by one, all with changing dates, some in December.

More long phone calls to figure out that and no ship date for stuffing. After getting a manager involved I was assured I would get stuffing, don’t worry. The next day - no stuffing in the box! Another hour phone call and it turns out they ran out - oops we are soooo sorry.

UGH. And my 12-14 lb Turkey I paid for was replaced by a 10 pounder.

Bottom line - stressful, unreliable and items ordered and paid for mysteriously disappear before wildly fluctuating and inaccurate shipping dates. Never again WS!!!!

Detrice Fvn
map-marker Queens, New York

RUINED THANKSGIVING and STOLE MONEY!

I don't even know where to begin.

I placed orders several weeks prior to Thanksgiving because I was planning to have a relaxed Thanksgiving and was interested in only heating up food and doing minimal preparation. I ordered the turkey; that arrived without issue.

However, all of the sides were another story.

I placed the order on November 8th, keeping in mind the estimated delivery dates. i did not order anything that had an estimated delivery date of the week of Thanksgiving. Everything I ordered had an estimated delivery date of 11/17 or sooner.

ISSUE 1: I went to check on the order and noticed three items now had an estimated delivery date which changed from 11/17 to 12/1. Obviously this would be for AFTER Thanksgiving and would be of no use to me, so I called and customer service cancelled those items.

A little annoying as it defeated the purpose of only having to heat up food, but fine. I decided it would be quick to make some gravy and cranberry sauce and I could make the stuffing the day prior.

ISSUE 2: Now that I see that their delivery is unreliable, I continued to check on the status of other items. Next up were the two vegetable side dishes (creamed spinach and green bean almondine). They still had an estimated delivery date of 11/14, but 11/14 rolls around and the status had not changed from "Preparing for Shipment," so I called for an update.

Was told by first rep that she sees it shipping out by 11/20 and I may get it by 11/24. November 24th is THANKSGIVING DAY! Nothing is going to be delivered to me on Thanksigiving Day and even if it was, how would that help me? I asked to cancel it and was told that there was nothing to be done.

I was kept on hold while she tried to escalate it but was hung up on. I called back and was on the phone for over an hour with another rep who also tried to escalate but came back with same answer that because it was shipped directly from vendor, it could not be cancelled. She reiterated what someone on the escalation team said to her that there was an agreement at checkout that these items could not be cancelled. I told her that was not true, there was a notice that they could not be RETURNED, not that the order could not be cancelled once placed.

Those are two different things. I asked her what my options were because I obviously had to go out and buy ingredients to make all of these dishes myself and had to spend money to do so, so I would essentially be paying almost double to have Thanksgiving and could not even get a refund. Not to mention, if I happen to get those items before Thanksgiving when I have already purchased all ingredients myself, I will have double the amount of food. All she could do was apologize.

ISSUE 3: While on the phone with her, I asked her to check on the last of the items in the order because I see that a label was created a week prior but no movement on the item yet.

It had an estimated delivery date of 11/16. She could only tell me she still expects it to ship within next two days. With my experience thus far, I doubt that and am not relying on it either.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THEIR PREPARED FOOD SERVICES!

I thought I would give them a go thinking that clearly they are used to catering to high-paying customers, but this is probably some of the worst service I have ever experienced with ANY company and I am shocked that a company that charges this much would have such poor service and policies. How dare you advertise to have prepared holiday food and then not guarantee that the food will be delivered timely, particularly in time for the holidays you advertised them for?

It's unconscionable. I did not order at the last minute. I ordered three weeks prior to the holiday. you weren't sold out, you simply don't have the processes to get items out in time no matter how early orders are placed.

Horrible, horrible service!

To not allow cancellation when the items aren't even close to shipping is ridiculous.

You are stealing people's money!

I will literally never spend another dime at your company again, especially not for any prepared foods. You are causing the OPPOSITE of what I wanted for my holiday by making me have to spend more and do more than I would have in the first place.

User's recommendation: DON'T USE THEIR PREPARED FOOD SERVICES!

Catherine D Ned

Verified Buyer

Deceptive Practice!

Williams Sonoma - Deceptive Practice!

I ordered a 229.00 appliance online ( the nearest store is 385 miles from my home)! Within 7 hours the exact same item was on sale 50.00 cheaper!

I called immediately and was told there are no price adjustments until the items ship and were delivered to my home! I waited and after the item was delivered, I called for a price adjustment ( it was still on sale)! I was told by the first Rep there was nothing they could do and she put me on hold for a Supervisor. After 21 minutes the call disconnected!

The third Rep told me they have no Supervisors available. She told me my only option was to return it! The box had not been opened!! She sent me a return slip and said I would have to pay 30.00 to return it!

I took the box to UPS with my return slip and they said I was being charged 49.00 to ship the item back!

I always liked this Store in the past but I will never shop there in the future with this poor customer service policies! Also, for the record, I have never returned any items to them in the past 20 years!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Great products with knowledgeable staff
Cons:
  • Do not follow their published policies

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: You cannot trust their published policies!

Upset C Btz
map-marker Bethesda, Maryland

Return

Worst customer service staff was rude. I will never shop there again and will share with others to do the same
Loss:
Cons:
  • Think they have something to offer

Preferred solution: Would like to see them close their doors

Anjuli Goc

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

I don’t understand what “advertised vs delivered” means!

Customer service was most helpful in locating an order placed in November for Thanksgiving delivery. It turns out the item is on back order and will be delivered between the 9th-12th December.

User's recommendation: Customer service via a phone call can resolve problems.

Stormi Bzw
map-marker Prosper, Texas

Got shipping charge for pick up at store

Very sad to see Williams Sonoma charge shipping when I have to pic k up in store. Very poor customer service !!!
Erin A Och

323133****54

Order number 323133****54 I need a return shipping label. These wreaths are way smaller than expected. They say 24 inch but they look very small and dont want them. Online it says they are ineligible for return but no where online did it say that before I purchased? Thanks

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker Beaumont, Texas

Received the wrong order

I received the set of non stick instead of just all clad. I returned it and you returned the very same nonstick set again. Your rep presented me with the option of returning it AGAIN and placing a new order or just simply receiving a 10% refund, which now I think Ill do. Thank you for your help in this confusing matter. Dinah Bernsen
Frankw A

| map-marker Grand Rapids, Minnesota

Poor service

Wonderful choice of products, but it is the service that falls way short. We will no longer shop there because of poorly trained staff and questionable policies on exchanges. I dont know if its corporate policies or the poor communication within the individual store or from corporate to the store. But if you get a gift from there dont plan to upgrade it because without the receipt they wont take the return and another $190 to upgrade. Stupid policies or people.
Pros:
  • Merchandise
Cons:
  • Policies
  • Arrogant staff
  • Poor customer service

User's recommendation: Stay away

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article