Update by user May 07, 2012

Williams-Sonoma never confirmed (or disconfirmed) the cancelation I spoke to a W-S representative about. So, I ordered flowers for my mother\'s Easter gift.

Williams-Sonoma then delivered the Easter gift after Easter and billed me the full amount. They\'ve lost my business permanently.

Original review posted by user Apr 03, 2012

I placed an order for an Easter gift on April 1. More than 48 hours later I checked the online status of the order, which read "Shipping Soon". Easter was then less than a week away and given that it apparently had not shipped, I feared the gift would not arrive in time. I phoned to cancel the order, as the Williams-Sonoma website made no provision for onilne cancelation.

After I finally spoke to a representative, she told me she entered a cancelation, but could not confirm it was canceled. I told her I needed confirmation and she suggested I call back in 24 hours. Unhappy they were outsourcing their customer service to the customer, I asked her to contact ME in 24 hours and she indicated she could not do so. Further questioning revealed the problem was that Williams-Sonoma used a vendor for the order. I asked why, given automated order entry, she or I could not access or phone the vendor and she indicated Williams-Sonoma cannot contact vendors. I asked to speak to someone who could better explain why Williams-Sonoma cannot track their own orders and cannot contact their vendors or customers to confirm a cancelation. The representative was not pleasant, but offered to find someone else for me to speak to. After I sat on hold a while longer, I gave up and hung up.

So, W-S initially indicated my order would arrive within the week, indicated two days later it had not shipped, made me phone to find out why, indicated they could not confirm the cancelation, and asked me to follow-up on the cancelation for them. Now I'm not sure whether the gift has shipped or not and I must order something else and expedite it. I'm gravely disappointed in their customer service and I won't be ordering again from Williams-Sonoma.

Comments