I received a Williams-Sonoma breadmaker a decade ago as a gift. It has no other brand name on it and weighs a ton. It came with a "lifetime guarantee" which seemed too good to be true. Admittedly, I've been happy to have it all these years, but a deal is a deal.

WS won't honor their promise now because I do not have "an order number and we don't offer that product anymore." The customer service agent was in India.

This is why American companies will continue to lose profitability. It all started with the VW and Corolla. Before that we had no clue that anything could be made outside America. Other countries make stuff better.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace with current model available.

I liked: Quality of the product.

I didn't like: Uninformed and useless customer service, That williams sonoma did not honor their promise.

Comments

I agree with the person that posted this. I too purchased and item with the supposed lifetime guarantee as long as you keep receipt.

I did exactly as told. I even kept the box. Now they won't honor the warranty on the item.

For the mark up on items that they have, they should honor the warranty. If not, they will lose sales to Bed bath and beyond and other online retailers that sell small appliances for less and get the same warranty.

Trashy... do YOU come with a lifetime guarantee?

Stop being cheap and go buy a new one... you lease your car and get a new one every 3 years, no?

You get a new iPhone every 2 years, no? So, consider yourself lucky that your ridiculous bread box outlasted your car and phone...

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #1339836

Of course they cannot honor an order that has no order number. If they did so, people could pick useless junk up at garage sales and return it. Every vendor must require proof of purchase.