On December 10, I ordered a snow cone maker from W&S as a Christmas gift. I was confident in their listing that read, "In Stock & Ready to Ship" and "Guaranteed Christmas Delivery." When I noticed, a week later, that it had not shipped I contacted W&S by both email and then phone.

I spoke to a rep who never followed up with me as promised and received NO resolution at all. I was told that there was an inventory error...no apology, no offer to rectify the situation and no "guaranteed Christmas delivery." I went on their site again following Christmas when I still had not heard anything and saw that they offer the same snow cone machine in a different color. I emailed again to follow up and suggested that they send me the different color. They replied, "As a one time exception, we will substitute your order with a different color..." As a "ONE TIME EXCEPTION", as if I were asking them to do me a favor.

In my opinion, they should have offered this as a solution prior to Christmas so that they could have honored their "Christmas Delivery Guarantee." I do not understand what a "guarantee" means if there is absolutely no recourse if W&S do not follow through.

After years and several thousands of dollars spent with this company, I will NEVER shop there again. Customer service is terrible.

Review about: Williams Sonoma Shipping Service.

Comments