1.6

Went to the store, purchased a few things, cashier rang me up and asked if I wanted to sign up for a their credit card and if I was approved, I will get a $25 gift card in the mail. I then asked the store's general manager if that was true and she said exactly the same thing: "if you're approved for a Williams Sonoma Visa card, Williams Sonoma will send you a $25 gift card in the mail."

So the sucker that I am, I signed up for their Visa card, got approved and been using it for a month now, and I still have not received the aforementioned $25 gift card.

I called customer service and it turned out that they don't actually send you a $25 gift card but they just give it to you as "bonus points" on their Visa card. Completely different thing to what I was told, and also they customer service person "Shay" was just condescending and belittling. She told me that I must have misunderstood the GM and the cashier. I did not.

I know what I was told. I was clearly a victim of bait and switch but Williams Sonoma refused to correct the situation. It's just a $25 card, that would have bought me half an item from their store, but it's the principle that matters. I hate their customer service.

I hate that they strongly sell their Visa card but they don't back up their promises. I will close my account and shop elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Williams Sonoma Gift Card.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Personnel in their stores are generally quite pleasant, Staff from store are usually pleasant.

I didn't like: Long wait times and being lied to, I was lied to at the store in 23rd avenue portland oregon.

Comments