1.6

Went to the store, purchased a few things, cashier rang me up and asked if I wanted to sign up for a their credit card and if I was approved, I will get a $25 gift card in the mail. I then asked the store's general manager if that was true and she said exactly the same thing: "if you're approved for a Williams Sonoma Visa card, Williams Sonoma will send you a $25 gift card in the mail."

So the sucker that I am, I signed up for their Visa card, got approved and been using it for a month now, and I still have not received the aforementioned $25 gift card.

I called customer service and it turned out that they don't actually send you a $25 gift card but they just give it to you as "bonus points" on their Visa card. Completely different thing to what I was told, and also they customer service person "Shay" was just condescending and belittling. She told me that I must have misunderstood the GM and the cashier. I did not.

I know what I was told. I was clearly a victim of bait and switch but Williams Sonoma refused to correct the situation. It's just a $25 card, that would have bought me half an item from their store, but it's the principle that matters. I hate their customer service.

I hate that they strongly sell their Visa card but they don't back up their promises. I will close my account and shop elsewhere.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with personnel in their stores are generally quite pleasant and staff from store are usually pleasant and stated that there is a room for improvement of long wait times and being lied to and i was lied to at the store in 23rd avenue portland oregon. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of williams sonoma gift card. Williams Sonoma needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned williams sonoma gift card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Williams Sonoma.

Comments