2.8K views
2.3

Update by user Sep 21, 2015

Autocorrection changed the date in my posting. The policy change was stated as November 2014....

Not 2015.

I want to be accurate as to what I was told,

Original review posted by user Sep 21, 2015

I purchased a wedding gift from Williams Sonoma recently. A short time later I discovered the item had gone on sale for $40 less than I had paid. Previous to my purchase, I had looked online to find stores with a good policy for price match and price adjustment. Several consumer websites had Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn and Costco with 30 day price adjustment listed. Bases on the information from these reputable websites, I made the purchase.

Upon finding the sale price reduction, I called and spoke with a CSR at Williams Sonoma and requested an adjustment. I was told that policy changed November 2015 and no price adjustments were offered.

I asked where I could find this policy on their website. The courteous CSR tried and could not locate any written policy regarding price adjustments. She also asked her Manager and was told basically, "no price adjustments since November 2015.

Wow!! To this consumer it appears they are allowing outdated information to bring them customers who do not have knowledge of this change. Why else would Williams Sonoma not post CORRECT and updated policy affecting their customers on their websites??

This "updated" price adjustment policy is not to be found by their employees or customers. This benefits.......not the customer, for sure.

I hope this post might help the thousands of customers who may be believe the reputable websites regarding merchants policies.

Come on, Williams Sonoma CEO and management.....be upfront and clear about your policies affecting your customers.

I learned the hard way. My loyalty goes to Costco for clear, published and honest policies.

This experience ended any future purchases with Williams Sonoma and they sister stores.

Buyer beware. Reading store policies is no longer good enough...now to have to call them for their newest policies that even employees can not find in documentation. Very ineffective way to run business and retain customers.

Reason of review: Price adjustment policy not transparent.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I had the same experience . I had not even received the item.

I called and I was told that they do not price match anymore ! the customer service representative stated that they used to but they no longer offer it. Plus , they fail to inform people in writing under their policy .

I think this is misleading.

I will not buy anything else there ever again .