2.0

In today's online retail world, you would assume that WS would compete with the return service of so many other online providers. I ordered over $700 worth of Wusthof knives.

I wanted to return ONE knife ($149). I started the return process the SAME DAY the item was first received. I could not do it online because it said it was "ineligible " for return. I immediately tried to call customer service but waited for over 30 minutes and hung up.

Then wrote email to them. Next day, the service rep asked me why (reason for return) if I wanted a label. I wrote back and said YES, please send me a return label and gave reason. Never heard back.

Emailed him again. Never heard back. Called - now 2 days later - customer service again. This time, at first I was told it couldn't be returned because it came from the manufacturer!

WHAT? WS carries these knives in its inventory! She quizzed me for 5 minutes on why I was returning it, and was confused about how to ship a label to me. In the end, and over 25 minutes later, she said she would put a call tag on it to have it picked up.

Horrible and I spent a good - probably 2 hours overall - trying to return ONE knife!

Will use Amazon next time. No more WS shopping for me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Williams Sonoma Customer Care.

Comments

PotteryBarnSocialTeam

Hello,

My name is Alison. I'm a member of our Social Media Team.

Thank you for letting us know of this most recent experience. We want you to love everything you purchase from us!

I'm so sorry to hear that we have been unable to assist you with the return of one of the knives from your Wusthof purchase. I do so apologize for the frustration and disappointment this experience has caused you.

I'd like to personally assist you.

Please email your order number and best contact number to: support@williams-sonoma.com Atten: Alison M. and I will be in touch.

I look forward to working with you and completing this return.

Sincerely, Alison M. Williams-Sonoma Social Media Team