Update by user Feb 17, 2013

Oh and to clear up any confusion, this product that we have , is a Williams Sonoma Exclusive. We could not have purchased it from anywhere else.

Original review posted by user Feb 16, 2013

To whom it may concern:

Shame on you Williams Sonoma and your poor in-store customer service at the Calabasas Commons store in Calabasas, CA.

My husband purchased an (more than $200) All Clad Waffle Maker from you as a Christmas gift to me. Upon opening it, we noticed there was a slight blemish on the top in the stainless steel.

He tried to exchange it tonight and they would not accept an exchange without a receipt.

Is this how you handle customers? Is this the only way to look up a purchase?

I WILL NEVER step foot in a Williams Sonoma store again nor any affiliated brand. I will also be sure to let everyone I know when mentioning this store, what kind of business and customer service you have.

This post will be will copied and pasted to my Facebook page as well.

Sincerely,

Seija Riddle

Had an Experience with Williams Sonoma?

Comments

Leesburg, Florida, United States #789839

It was blemished?Do you intend to submit this "blemished" artifact to the museum.

You know, if your going to use this waffle maker...It's going to get a tad dirty

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #610210

Copy and paste all you want.More and more stores are tired of being ripped off by customers who either steal their *** and try to return for cash, or those who buy, use, wreck then try to return for cash, that they are starting to go back to the old, RIGHT way...demanding a receipt.

This is not a bad customer service issue, it is good business sense.

Any person who complains that a business needs a receipt for refunds, which by the way are a COURTESY, should open their own business and give their own products away.

KEEP THE RECEIPT.If there is a problem with a more than 2 months old item anyway you should be calling the manufacturer, not the store anyway.

to LadyScot #1090045

I wanted to exchange an unopened item for a different color with the receipt 2 weeks after purchase.The item was on sale at the time.

They wanted to refund the money then charge me the full non sale price for the item?Great customer service!!!